I won’t be lying when I say that I’m utterly shocked that people read my blog. I’m even more utterly shocked when people state that they like it. And like it enough to present me with an award? Call me flabbergasted. How in the world did that happen?
It happened because Katie over at Adventures of a DIY Dork is awesome! She was just recently nominated for the award, and decided to pass it on over to me which I am ever so thankful for!
The rules of the award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, share 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominee with a comment on their blog.
To get started, I’d like to say that in the last week I’ve come across so many amazing blogs thanks to HelloCotton. If you haven’t signed up yet, I highly recommend it! Because of my recent obsession with HelloCotton, a lot of my new favorite blogs were found from there! So here is my list, in no particular order.
- The Fontenot Four
- To a Pretty Life
- Blabbering Thougths
- Simple Nests
- Twiggs Studio
- From City Corporate to Suburb Mama
- My Beautiful, Crazy Life
- The Vintage Milk House
- Paisley Boulevard
- The DIY Dreamer
- Alderberry Hill
- Sunny Vanilla
- Made In A Day
Next on the agenda is 7 little fun facts about me. Sorry guys, I guess I don’t self indulge myself already by just having a blog.
- If by some miracle I could house all of the cats in the world, I would. I love cats so much it’s disgusting. If you check out my Instagram account, I can guarantee you 95% of the photos are of Columbia. No regrets.
- I could watch Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing a million times over, and never get sick of it. Not only is it my favorite play but I adore the fact that Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson played Beatrice and Benedict because at the time they were still married and they portrayed the parts so well. I wish they were still together. :-/ They made beautiful movies together. Does anyone remember Dead Again?
- If Andrew and I ever won the lottery, we would pack our bags and move to Sweden.
- There is nothing better than the trill of splurging on a new handbag, or pair of shoes, or on make-up at Sephora. I have indulged in many of those thrills. (Please refer to my Twitter account to see my most recent thrill!)
- I have the attention span of a gnat, and often find myself involved in 15 different projects. For example: Let’s redo the bedroom, hallway, bathroom AND OFFICE. SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! RIGHT HUNNY? (Please note: I would not be surprised if Andrew secretly hated me.)
- I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 21. Late bloomer, much?
- Andrew and I have made the decision that we will not be reproducing. I’m sure that may come as a shock since most of Blog Land is very kid friendly, but I’ve never really wanted kids. Even now at 26, married, homeowner and having a stable job – it just doesn’t appeal to me. All of the power in the world to the mothers out there, because I don’t know how you do it. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a nap. Or impulse buy something.
Shall quips and sentences and these paper bullets of the brain awe a man from the career of his humour? No, the world must be peopled. When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married. - Act II, Sc. III
So there ya have it! Congrats to all of those who are nominated for the Versatile Blogger award, and thanks again Katie for my own nomination!