Remember that one time where I was all like “Oh hey internet, I’m going to start blogging again”? and then I didn’t. What a neat joke that was. But here is the thing…I really am this time! It may be inconsistent at times, but there will be content. When I first started VM.com, I put a lot of pressure on myself to post an entry every week day. It was just too much and I burned out very quickly. Between work and school, I hardly had the time to do half of the things I wanted to in the house, let alone write about them. So the blog went kaput, because mentally – I went kaput. With only four (!!!!) classes left to take before I finish my bachelors in December, I think it’s time to get back on the horse.
So what’s been going on the past six months?
- Andrew and I celebrated our four year wedding anniversary in January.
- We have a new addition to our family! A 6 month old kitten we named Nokomis. She was the best Christmas present a girl could ask for.
- I’ve been unfortunate enough to be battling migraines for the past month and a half, with no resolve as of yet.
- We still haven’t finished the hallway! Remember that orange wall project? Ha. Still going on! That’s how much school runs my life.
- I finally bit the bullet and got my hair chemically straightened. After having a love/hate relationship with my curly, thick, frizzy hair…I made the plunge. I tell you what, I’ll never go back. Having my hair straightened has made life so much easier.
- The braces are still kicking! It’s been over a year since I’ve had them. At this point in treatment, I should have no more than 6 months left. Fingers crossed!
- Andrew and I survived the NHL lockout and I survived the Fall Out Boy hiatus. Both equally as important in my opinion. :-)
- Our air conditioner crapped out on us during Labor Day weekend last year. That was a fun time. Thankfully, we have a great, more efficient system now!
- I discovered the amazing-ness that is How I Met Your Mother, and Psych. In the infamous words of Gus, “You know that’s right”.
- Once my migraines subside, my best friend is teaching me how to tap dance! I’ve already bought the tap shoes, so I’m good to go. They are taunting me in the closet.
For all of those itching to see the babes…
How stinking cute. You’re jealous. I know, it’s completely understandable.
Now with the site up and running again, you’ll be seeing all kinds of different content. My love of clothes, beauty products, and just about everything else are just too great to ignore. Interior design gone lifestyle.
Thank you to everyone who stuck with me! You have no idea how much I appreciate it.