Let me start out by saying that I’m probably one of the luckiest girls on the planet, because I have the best mom and sister-in-law. Also, the stars magically aligned in my favor. Here is the breakdown of how these babies ended up in our bedroom.
- Jessica, my sister-in-law, got a job at Pier 1 for the holidays.
- The Hayworth Nightstands went on sale.
- Jessica gets a 25% employee discount
- We have the same name (Do you see where I am going with this?)
- Mom decided the sale in conjunction with Jessica’s discount is too good to pass up.
- Enter my credit card, Jessica’s discount, and a blank check to follow.
= beating the Pier 1 system, and getting two nightstands for basically the retail price of one.
This is what I would like to call the best Christmas gift, ever.
Aren’t they stunning? I love how open and light they feel, compared to the heavy three drawer wood nightstands we had prior. Don’t mind the turtle lamp, though. It’s not staying forever. Pretty soon we’ll have cute lamps, and docking stations and a catch-all on our nightstands. Downgrading to just one drawer was a challenge, but it forced me to finally clean out some things. By “some things”, I’m referring mostly to our candy drawer, may it rest in peace. Thankfully, my office benefited from the candy clean out, because now the office candy drawer is stocked to the brim with Mentos. Ahhh, the fresh maker.
What’s not so stunning?
The quality of these pictures. Maybe one of these days I’ll upgrade to a fancy camera, and not my very old point and shoot.
Now with the nightstands in place, the next on the list of things to do is finish restoring the dresser (also known as my sad little nightmare), paint the bedroom, and magically figure out how to upholster a headboard. Easy enough, right?
Love, J and A