I may or may not have been lurking the West Elm website on my lunch break yesterday when I came across a fabulous dining room table. The legs are saw horses! Saw horses! How cute is that? For all of you DIY-ers out there, I thought you would appreciate that. Once I saw that table, I knew I had to come up with a decor board featuring it. The table was just too perfect to pass up. If only I could afford it.
Dining rooms are the perfect room to experiment with color in. Usually, dining rooms are closed off from the rest of the house, so you have the ability to mix things up and use more bold color options. We had no problem painting the walls of our dining room Very Berry since it feels more separated from the rest of the house because it has its own door. Not only that, dining rooms get more use in the evening and are just more playful. Why not have fun with it?
After falling in love with the saw horse table, I went into a search frenzy for a rug that would compliment how different the table was. When I came across the colorful swirl rug, I knew it was a great fit. Once I nailed down those two items, everything else came into play. This decor board is subtle, sophisticated, and seriously sassy.
What do you think?
- Crate & Barrel, Mariah Multi Rug, $299-1,199
- Ikea, Majby Ratan Armchair, $79.99
- Z Gallerie, Bergmann Mirror, $399
- West Elm, Collapsible Sawhorse Table, $169.99-299.00
- Crate & Barrel, Jennie Placemat and Napkin, $3.95-11.95
- Crate & Barrel, Hampton Green Dinnerwear, $19.95
- Crate & Barrel, Hoyn Pendant Lamp, $399.99