I mentioned yesterday that since Andrew and I cancelled our cable, we have gotten a lot more accomplished around the house. With all this extra time on our hands, we’re looking for projects around the house left and right. In this case…after living with our bathroom chandelier for a little while, Andrew and I couldn’t help but notice something was a little off with it. Some of the chains hung lower than the others, and parts of the chandelier just looked a little cluttered. I deliberated over whether it was something I could live with, or does it really annoy me enough to bust out the step stool and get to editing. Well, you guessed it. I busted out the step stool and got to work!
I stood underneath the chandelier for a solid 15 minutes, in order to figure out what needed to be changed. I realized that the beaded chain that hangs from the top and curves towards the light sockets looked a little too droopy. Not only that, it interferes with the crystal drops that hang from the light sockets. I simply just can’t have that!
Ah, much better! I removed three crystals from each chain, and hooked it closer to the base so it hung more taught. You may not really see the difference, but we most certainly do!
Before, the berry colored drop hung WAY lower than all of the rest of the drops. When you’re walking by the bathroom, you don’t notice it too much. But, I’ll tell you what – you most certainly notice it when you’re in the bathroom. It was too much for my OCD to handle. I ended up taking one bead off each side to raise it up a little higher. It just feels so much better now.
A small spruce, but definitely a much needed one.
Farewell beads, drops and chains. I am making a point to save them though, that way I can utilize them elsewhere in the bathroom. Can’t wait to figure out where they’ll show up next!
J and A